Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Odyssey of an Armenian Doctor

This is a self-published book written by my great-grandfather, Herond Nishan Sheranian, M.D. It was published in 1970. I personally have a copy of this Book of Remembrance. There is a lot information included: not just memories and feelings, but names and dates of family. There are no pedigree charts or family group records included. I've had to search for information page by page. I have added this information to my PAF file for the Sheranian family.

By the way, Herond Nishan changed the name from Sherinian (his birth surname) to Sheranian after his emigration to America. I have always been under the impression (secondary source from Grandpa Richard Sheranian) that he did so as a means of "Americanizing" our Armenian name. I should probably verify my vague memory of that explanation. =D

No comments: